Wasteland 2: Director's Cut

Started by Nefaro, October 13, 2015, 03:06:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

BanzaiCat

Thanks, Rayfer, for the info.

So the Director's Cut is the same game as W2 with the same overarcing storyline(s), it's just done in an 'improved' way.

https://wasteland.inxile-entertainment.com/backer-information/release-faq

QuoteWhat is new in the Director's Cut?
Wasteland 2 Director's Cut changes a huge number of aspects of the game. Our main new features and changes include:

Graphical overhaul and update to the Unity 5 game engine.
Expanded voice-over with thousands of newly-voiced lines for key characters and scenes.
Precision Strikes system allows you to target individual body parts on enemies in combat, which lets you inflict negative status effects on them.
Perks system lets you pick bonuses for your characters as they level up.
Quirks system lets you pick a personality trait for each custom created Ranger during character creation, with a gameplay-modifying positive and negative quality.
Rebalanced gameplay, including virtually all combat encounters, weapons, loot drops and containers.
Controller support on PC and console. On PC, you can select from keyboard and mouse input, as well as Xbox 360, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 DUALSHOCK 4 controller modes.

There's plenty of smaller additions to be found, of course, but we'll leave those for you to find.

Sounds like I'll want to give this version a spin instead of the original. It's also 4GB smaller than the original (15GB vs. 19GB).

Nefaro

Debating starting a new one with this version tonight.  But there is the usual performance & bug issues after a big new update, much less such a large overhaul. 

Already had a sizable patch yesterday, so I expect more soon.  I may put it off a few days while the immediate fixes get done. 

TacticalWargames


Rayfer

Quote from: TacticalWargames on October 15, 2015, 10:10:13 AM
Constant crashes sadly.

Two hours in (I'm in the AG Center) and I've encountered no crashes or bugs. So far, so good. Playing the Steam version on Windows 10. Used none of the new perks in my character creations; the penalties seemed to very much offset the benefits so I didn't use them. The game runs smoother, loads quicker and looks a little better.

TacticalWargames

@Rayfer What graphics card do you have? Might be an AMD thing...

Nefaro

Aside from a lot of crashes and performance issues, there have been numerous reports of not being able to switch to the party members 'stored' away once you've had them join.  They basically disappear.  That's cause for concern.

The latter bug has convinced me to wait until at least that one is addressed.  Not sure if the fix will retroactively fix it, so who knows if you have to restart a campaign after it's patched?

Rayfer

Quote from: TacticalWargames on October 15, 2015, 11:10:10 PM
@Rayfer What graphics card do you have? Might be an AMD thing...

GeForce GTX 745.

TacticalWargames

It is a AMD issue..so sadly no Dx11 visuals for now.

Ubercat

Game wont even load for me.  >:(
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Rayfer

Quote from: Ubercat on October 17, 2015, 09:19:14 AM
Game wont even load for me.  >:(

I feel your pain. Although with Wasteland 2: Director's Cut I've had zero issues and am well into a new campaign; with Battlefront's CM: Red Thunder I can't get it to load...I get the dreaded black screen.  I did everything their help-desk suggested but nothing worked. Yet others on their forums have got it up and running fine with Windows 10.

tgb

I got a black screen the first time I tried to run it.  I set it to compatibility mode for Win 7 and that seemed to do the trick.

Rayfer

Quote from: tgb on October 17, 2015, 12:37:53 PM
I got a black screen the first time I tried to run it.  I set it to compatibility mode for Win 7 and that seemed to do the trick.

Others have posted the same over on the Battlefront forums, unfortunately it didn't work for me. I have no clue what the problem is.