SEOW- merging IL-2 and ARMA 2/Iron Front

Started by Toonces, November 08, 2015, 11:31:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Toonces

Yes, now you're going to lose even more hours of your life:



The video is worth watching and explains this better than I can.  I did some searching around and this is what I think this software does:

SEOW (Scorched Earth Online War?) is a persistent multiplayer campaign engine where opposing players can plan missions for their side on an operational map, and then import the map into IL-2 and fly the missions tactically.  It is designed to be played by at least two players, one on each side to control the operational moves. 

What this guy has done is incorporate a ground layer to the operational map that you can play in ARMA 2/Iron Front (IF).  You plan your moves in the operational map, export it into IF, and then you can play as an infantry guy, tanker, whatever.  Whatever losses/gains you get tactically are then exported back to the SEOW Operational map and the war continues. 

I watched the video and it is really cool.  I had hoped for SP only; not sure how that would work unless you played both strategic sides yourself.  Anyway, if you're like me and you have IF sitting unplayed in your Steam library this might be worth checking out.

On a completely separate note, this is something I'd love to do with some operational game like Carriers at War or even WitP, where when an airstrike is generated the mission could be exported to IL-2 and then back again. 

Edit:  More info on SEOW:  http://seowhq.net/seowforum/viewforum.php?f=5&sid=09559462244820eb29946f0bbba0dc7f
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Toonces

"Scorched Earth Online War (SEOW) is a persistent coop campaign system for the IL-2 series of flight simulations, and is fully compliant with Daidalos Team patch 4.12.2 and with HSFX v7.x. "

http://seowhq.net/seowwiki-en/index.php?title=Main_Page
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Staggerwing

Quote from: Yskonyn on November 08, 2015, 02:45:43 PM
Which IL-2 version is it for?

The video mentions IL-2 1946. If others are also compatible I missed it.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Toonces

No, just IL-2 1946.  Sorry, I should have made that more clear right up front.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Skoop


jomni

#6
There's something similar for Falcon 4 + Arma?
https://youtu.be/rpmuHNfE1UY