Jail Breakers, Meet Crocodiles

Started by LongBlade, November 10, 2015, 05:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

Indonesia has some very harsh anti-drug policies, some of which may result in being sentenced to death.

And being in jail with a death sentence inevitably is going to result in a few escape attempts.

So in order to combat escape attempts, the chief of Indonesia's anti-drug program is building a prison on an island...surrounded by crocodiles.

QuoteWaseso said that crocodiles would be better at preventing drug traffickers from escaping prison as they could not be bribed — unlike human guards.

But he is banking on the convicts lacking Roger Moore's crocodile-running skills showcased in Bond movie "Live and Let Die" when he escapes from an island using the reptiles as stepping stones.

"You can't bribe crocodiles. You can't convince them to let inmates escape."

source: http://www.globalpost.com/article/6683960/2015/11/09/indonesia-plans-crocodile-guarded-prison-island-drug-convicts
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Nefaro

Because humans taste like candy! 

The kind with the gooey center.

Barthheart

Why not cut out the middle man and feed the prisoners directly to the crocs?  C:-)

LongBlade

Quote from: Barthheart on November 10, 2015, 07:57:43 PM
Why not cut out the middle man and feed the prisoners directly to the crocs?  C:-)

Hmmm.

Maybe they enjoy prolonging the suspense?

Or are hoping for good film footage of the crocs feeding on escapees?
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

BanzaiCat

I don't want to be an insta-gator of bad puns, but I feel I will have to eventually.

Barthheart

That's a croc, yer always the first to pun.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

I believe I already saw this. It was in a movie, "The Shawshank Digestion". I remember my favorite line from the film, "Luke, what we have here is failure to regurgitate. So next week you come out as Croc shit". Starred one of my favorite actors--- Paul Cay-man.  Great film. But not with popcorn.   ;)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.