Proflight Sim---DO NOT BUY

Started by planetbrain, December 30, 2015, 07:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

planetbrain

Proflight Simulator is nothing more than the freeware open source Flightgear with an altered product name only plus a price tag.
They send me endless Emails about buying "The most realistic flight simulator ever with 120+ aircraft & 20000+ airfields".
I am totally annoyed but, as these Emails come from so many different senders, I have trouble blocking them, so I want to tell  as many people as possible not to fall for this crap.
Please advise every one that you can.
Mostly harmless

Staggerwing

I got some of those emails as well but didn't see them until I cleaned out my spam folder. I didn't read them before the flush so it's good to know I didn't miss anything.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Huw the Poo

Thanks for the warning.

For those who don't know, FlightGear is licensed under an open source license, so nothing prevents people selling it as their own.  If in doubt, check the FlightGear website first.

WallysWorld

I got a couple of those emails too. I read about this on the Avsim forum a few years ago.
"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

jomni

This is still going on?  I've known about this for years already.