Elite Questions for "uber" Elite players

Started by JudgeDredd, January 23, 2016, 03:17:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

SirAndrewD

Quote from: Yskonyn on January 23, 2016, 05:00:25 PM

If you hook up with others they might want to jettison some cargo you can pick up and turn in for some quick cash. Once you're in a Cobra and above cash will be much easier to come by. For example, kit a Cobra Mk3 or a Viper Mk4 for combat and go into RES (Resource Extraction Sites). Scan wanted ships with a Kill Warrant Scanner to get the biggest bounty you can for the ship and start hunting.
On good sites (and with a small wing) you can easily make 600k an hour.

I can totally do this if anyone is in significant need and trying to get over the early hump. 
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Swatter

I find mining to be the easiest money. If you can buy yourself a Cobra IV and equip it properly, you can make 300K per trip. Once you get some creds under your belt, you can upgrade to a Type 9 and get 1 million per run.

Check out this guy, he explains it pretty well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljFXbT-S0WA

If you want a spoiler, I can give you a system name where mining is highly profitable.

jomni

I'm making decent money now trading.  eddb is a good site.  I'm pretty selective and suspicious with the jobs.  ^-^

bob48

Since my combat skills are zero, I've been making money by doing a bit of trading and a lot of courier runs, some of which can be quite lucrative. I've got a beefed-up Cobra III (for power / speed / shield regen) so in most cases I'm able to run from trouble. I did fit a mine layer and some missiles as defensive weapons. So far I have about 1.5 mil in the bank for either further upgrades or a bigger ship.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!