Irrational Studios shutting down

Started by bayonetbrant, February 19, 2016, 09:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Kushan

PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

-budd-

Interesting, i enjoyed all the shock games[just bought infinite,not played yet] System shock 2 is one of my all time favorites and thief was pretty novel at the time. Not sure about the narrative game thing, wonder if he's talking about stuff like the tell tale games, those seem more like a digital interactive comics to me. Don't mind a little dialog,but not looking for an all dialog game like thing. Might just be my short attention span though.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Kushan on February 19, 2016, 09:30:24 PM
That article is from Feb. 2014....

Wow, didn't even look at the date. A friend of mine just sent it to me.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

-budd-

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Tpek

I've been sad ever since they dumped the awesome and original Freedom Force series and went into that crappy repetitive Bioshock franchise  :-[

Gusington

Bioshock Infinite is the only game in the series I've played but it rocked.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Cyrano

Infinite is on the very short list of console games that I talk about years after having played them.  One must be cautious to avoid hyperbole but it is assuredly one of the greatest games ever created...at least to my mind.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806