Main Menu

Help with a Steam issue

Started by Rayfer, March 03, 2016, 03:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Rayfer

I watch video trailers on many sites, like here and on youtube, without any issues at all.  But when I play one on a Steam product page it just keeps stopping and starting, stopping and starting, in 3-4 second cycles.  I've stopped trying to watch them which is a huge disappointment. It just happened again trying to watch the trailer for No Man's Sky.  Anyone have an idea why this happens only on Steam??  Thanks.

Jarhead0331

This happens to me sometimes too. Its hard to diagnose though because it doesn't happen all the time, only on occasion.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Huw the Poo

If it's only on Steam, the most obvious conclusion is simply their server is hammered, or perhaps there's congestion in your route to those servers.

In my experience Steam's servers are a lot worse than they used to be.  They used to max out my connection no problem when I download games; these days that's a rarity.

Sir Slash

I've had the same problem on occasion especially if I go full-screen with their videos. Steam Grimlins.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

AchillesLastStand

Quote from: Rayfer on March 03, 2016, 03:47:50 PM
I watch video trailers on many sites, like here and on youtube, without any issues at all.  But when I play one on a Steam product page it just keeps stopping and starting, stopping and starting, in 3-4 second cycles.  I've stopped trying to watch them which is a huge disappointment. It just happened again trying to watch the trailer for No Man's Sky.  Anyone have an idea why this happens only on Steam??  Thanks.

Have you tried going to Adobe's website and downloading the latest version of flash player?

Rayfer

Quote from: AchillesLastStand on March 03, 2016, 08:22:53 PM
Quote from: Rayfer on March 03, 2016, 03:47:50 PM
I watch video trailers on many sites, like here and on youtube, without any issues at all.  But when I play one on a Steam product page it just keeps stopping and starting, stopping and starting, in 3-4 second cycles.  I've stopped trying to watch them which is a huge disappointment. It just happened again trying to watch the trailer for No Man's Sky.  Anyone have an idea why this happens only on Steam??  Thanks.

Have you tried going to Adobe's website and downloading the latest version of flash player?

No....but open to giving it a try.  Thanks.