A second Norse (Viking?s) settlement in North America

Started by Hancock, April 01, 2016, 09:11:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hancock

View From Space Hints at a New Viking Site in North America

QuoteA thousand years after the Vikings braved the icy seas from Greenland to the New World in search of timber and plunder, satellite technology has found intriguing evidence of a long-elusive prize in archaeology — a second Norse settlement in North America, further south than ever known.

Next stop is Cape Cod or the sunny beaches of Florida............... 8)

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/view-from-space-hints-at-a-new-viking-site-in-north-america/ar-BBrcjtM?li=BBnb7Kz
"Colonel, I do not care to die, but I pray to God I may never leave this field."

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

MetalDog

I read that the other day.  They are just now getting there to start excavating and poking around. 
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers