Mrs bawb would like some help

Started by Pelenise, September 05, 2016, 08:20:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Pelenise

Poor Bawb his windows 10 was eaten,   :( so I went into action, and phone for a PC repair man to come and fix it,  he fixed windows 10, but i now have problems.  cannot get his emails to work,  I am using windows live (windows essentials live)  I have correctly signed into to it but now I'm getting rather annoyed as I have tried 3 days to get this up and running, when I log into his emails I am getting another box with requires me to authentic his email and password,  this I do,  it then again pops up, after 3 attempts I cancelled it I was being informed:
                                       
                                         Server Error: 0x800cc90
                                         response:    -ERR[AUTH] Authentication fail                     
                                         Server:        'pop3.blah-blahblah.co.uk
                                         Windows live mail error ID:  0x8000cc92
                                          protocol:     pop3
                                          port:             110
                                          Secure(SSL):  No

can someone help me please,   normally I have this sorted but i cannot find a way on this one,  I have researched the error nrs only to find that if I buy xyz for £45.69 it will fix it

Thank you  O:-)
                                         
If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.

How very little can be done under the spirit of fear.

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Pelenise

#2
If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.

How very little can be done under the spirit of fear.

OJsDad

Didn't MS stop supporting Live Mail?
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bob48

Logged on using the works laptop. What! all you clever buggers and no solution yet? :knuppel2:
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

mirth

It's a national holiday in the States,  We're all slacking.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

panzerde

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Pelenise

Quote from: panzerde on September 07, 2016, 05:11:01 PM
Denise, did you get past this yet?

No Doug, even looked at other email apps, but didn't know which one to use,  so frustrating,  tried outlook and told me his blueyonder account need update, lol,  i have uninstalled every thing and restarted over, still the same,   :tickedoff:0
If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.

How very little can be done under the spirit of fear.

panzerde

Hit me up tomorrow and I'll have one of the guys take a look at the machine.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Staggerwing

Quote from: panzerde on September 07, 2016, 08:45:58 PM
Hit me up tomorrow and I'll have one of the guys take a look at the machine.

You have henchmen stationed in the UK?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

panzerde

Quote from: Staggerwing on September 07, 2016, 08:50:23 PM
Quote from: panzerde on September 07, 2016, 08:45:58 PM
Hit me up tomorrow and I'll have one of the guys take a look at the machine.

You have henchmen stationed in the UK?
I have henchmen everywhere! </maniacal laugh>

We just  have scary good tools that let us do stuff remotely just about anyplace we can get bandwidth. A lot of our clients are in industries like construction management and agriculture where we have to support people who are quite literally "out in the field." We've even done tech support on a guy's system while he was 30K feet over the Atlantic.

Wasn't much we could do until Bawb and Denise got Windows 10 loaded back up on it, we'd need hands in place to do that. But, now that there's a functioning OS we can remote in and probably clean stuff up.

Technically, I do have a Romanian group I could call on to do hands-on work in the EU, but we've never used them.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

bob48

I'm getting it back together - many thanks for your help Doug!
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

panzerde

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

GJK

Quote from: bob48 on September 05, 2016, 03:47:44 PM
Logged on using the works laptop. What! all you clever buggers and no solution yet? :knuppel2:

If you can log in successfully on the laptop, view the settings for that email account and copy them exactly as they are to the other computer.  Note that you'll want to look inside the "Advanced Settings" (possibly inside the "more settings" and then "advanced settings" section) because likely their POP3 and SMTP uses a unique port number.  You'll also want to see if they are using an SSL (secure connection) for the settings or not.  If you have it working on one device, all your settings are there and if you've replicated them exactly, then there's no reason why another device can't make the connection.
Clip your freaking corners!
----------------------
Blood Bowl on VASSAL - Ask me about it! http://garykrockover.com/BB/
----------------------
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer