Steam being sued by........................

Started by JudgeDredd, September 25, 2016, 02:52:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people


W8taminute

First things first.  I didn't know who Ashley Jenkins was until I saw this video.  Initially she seemed smoking hot to me but as she droned on the voice quickly made me go limp.  Don't know why but that's mho.

Now on to the real topic.  I need to do some research but my initial knee jerk reaction is 'oh great, another lame lawsuit seeking to get easy money at the expense of millions of consumers'. 

So how long has Steam been around and why did it take BT this long to finally decide that what Steam does must be stopped because of patent rights?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Staggerwing

Quote from: W8taminute on September 25, 2016, 07:01:35 AM

So how long has Steam been around and why did it take BT this long to finally decide that what Steam does must be stopped because of patent rights?

BT, like many big tech companies, most likely has a Patent Troll department. That department is probably constantly busy brainstorming ideas for the next big shakedown and one of the trolls on staff just happened to think this up now.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

JudgeDredd

No idea on your questions W8...just saw it on YT, watched the vid and posted the link. I don't know the rights and wrongs of it. It's most likely just " a go" - probably nothing in it
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Tpek

Who on Earth allowed these "Patents" to be registered?
I want to know it, ASAP.
So I can't register my brand new original patent "Something that does stuff or in some direct or indirect way relates to something else".  >:D