Steam (and other) Holiday Sales - food for thought

Started by Hartford688, November 18, 2016, 01:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

airboy

Quote from: RedArgo on November 20, 2016, 09:29:16 AM
I justify it by figuring if I don't buy this generation of games that I know I probably won't play, the devs won't make the next generation of games that I'll buy and probably won't play.

You can't fault that logic. :D

airboy

I'm looking at:
Avadon 3
Twilight Struggle
latest Strategic Command

HoodedHorseJoe

Quote from: airboy on November 21, 2016, 11:32:07 AM
I'm looking at:
Avadon 3
Twilight Struggle
latest Strategic Command

Need to get Avadon 3's done but we have reviews of the other two on The Wargamer and Pocket Tactics if you're interested in a read :)
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

HoodedHorseJoe

Quote from: airboy on November 21, 2016, 11:29:39 AM
Quote from: RedArgo on November 20, 2016, 09:29:16 AM
I justify it by figuring if I don't buy this generation of games that I know I probably won't play, the devs won't make the next generation of games that I'll buy and probably won't play.

You can't fault that logic. :D

I actually had this thought process (or something similar) when I bought Star Wars: Battlefront and No Man's Sky. I figured that sure, despite the problems of these games, my money might help them actually make a better game next time around that really *is* good.
Communications Director
Hooded Horse

We are a publisher of indie games with strategic and tactical depth. 28 projects and counting, come check out our portfolio on Steam, GOG, and the Epic Games Store!

You may have seen me around in previous roles such as editor of Wargamer.com and Strategy Gamer.

Rayfer

Quote from: WargamerJoe on November 21, 2016, 12:00:13 PM
Quote from: airboy on November 21, 2016, 11:29:39 AM
Quote from: RedArgo on November 20, 2016, 09:29:16 AM
I justify it by figuring if I don't buy this generation of games that I know I probably won't play, the devs won't make the next generation of games that I'll buy and probably won't play.

You can't fault that logic. :D

I actually had this thought process (or something similar) when I bought Star Wars: Battlefront and No Man's Sky. I figured that sure, despite the problems of these games, my money might help them actually make a better game next time around that really *is* good.

Didn't someone say that insanity is doing the same thing over and over and yet expecting a different result? If true, than I'm insane as well.

acctingman

#35
Never mind...I'm going to make my own thread  :P

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Rayfer on November 21, 2016, 12:16:33 PM
Quote from: WargamerJoe on November 21, 2016, 12:00:13 PM
Quote from: airboy on November 21, 2016, 11:29:39 AM
Quote from: RedArgo on November 20, 2016, 09:29:16 AM
I justify it by figuring if I don't buy this generation of games that I know I probably won't play, the devs won't make the next generation of games that I'll buy and probably won't play.

You can't fault that logic. :D

I actually had this thought process (or something similar) when I bought Star Wars: Battlefront and No Man's Sky. I figured that sure, despite the problems of these games, my money might help them actually make a better game next time around that really *is* good.

Didn't someone say that insanity is doing the same thing over and over and yet expecting a different result? If true, than I'm insane as well.
The guy from Far Cry 3 said it...

Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Daroc

Gamersgate is having a sale just bought DOM 4 for >$8