Main Menu

Computer Monitor Help

Started by Moreb, November 18, 2016, 10:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

panzerde

Quote from: Moreb on November 18, 2016, 11:49:06 PM
I'm leaning towards this one but not sure if I am making a mistake with the 29:1 ratio.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824005700&cm_re=34_inch_monitor-_-24-005-700-_-Product


I have exactly that display, and love it. I use it primarily on my work machine, but I have run some games on it. Older games will likely not support the full resolution, and you'll want enough GPU to drive it for games that will. If you have an underpowered GPU, even if you can fill the display you'll see poor framerates.


OTOH, if the game will run in a window, you have a TON of screen real estate with a display that size. You can run a game in a 1920x1080 window and have plenty of room left over for having a browser open, for example.

"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

Moreb

#16
Jarhead, can you merge this one with the other?


http://grogheads.com/forums/index.php?topic=17914.0
When dongles fly? - mirth