Main Menu

Smallpox

Started by besilarius, December 12, 2016, 07:59:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

besilarius

http://www.pasthorizonspr.com/index.php/archives/12/2016/smallpox-may-not-be-an-ancient-disease-after-all

New research into smallpox DNA suggest that this killer of millions may not be the ancient scourge of history.
Here is the traditional point of view from an older article. 
Some good information on warfare and disease.
https://www.strategypage.com/articles/smallpox/default.asp
"Most gods throw dice, but Fate plays chess, and you don't find out until too late that he's been playing with two queens all along".  Terry Pratchett.

During filming of Airplane, Leslie Nielsen used a whoopee cushion to keep the cast off-balance. Hays said that Nielsen "played that thing like a maestro"

Tallulah Bankhead: "I'll come and make love to you at five o'clock. If I'm late, start without me."

"When all other trusts fail, turn to Flashman." — Abraham Lincoln.

"I have enjoyed very warm relations with my two husbands."
"With your eyes closed?"
"That helped."  Lauren Bacall

Master Chiefs are sneaky, dastardly, and snarky miscreants who thrive on the tears of Ensigns and belly dancers.   Admiral Gerry Bogan.

Gusington

We should consult with Breezy.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Interesting. I had thought the Romans had suffered from Smallpox plagues throughout their history. But now maybe not. Oh well, re-write all the history books Dammit! I don't care.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Windigo

My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.