Desert War 1940-1942

Started by Anguille, July 03, 2017, 05:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anguille

Sir Slash

Looks good. Thanks for the post.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

jomni

Deleted

JudgeDredd

Corners need clipping!  >:(
Alba gu' brath

Barthheart

Sir Slash

The screenies have an awful lot of counters, clipped or not, for North Africa. It looks more like Normandy or Kursk to me. But anything North Africa is fine by me.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Geezer

Applied to beta, but kind of late, so not expecting to get an invite.  Scale looks like mostly company/battalion level so that is probably why there are so many units.  Vaguely reminds me of SPI's The Campaign for North Africa which is still in my game closet.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

Phantom

This looks like a game that was being developed as a freebie a while ago if I'm correct, though no doubt Matrix have given the developer some oomph.

ComradeP

It seems to be shorter in terms of period covered (the free version went to 1943), but presumably with more content for the battles it does cover. The free Peleliu conversion on their website was also taken down according to forum comments.

The Rommel quote is also misleading when it comes to motorization. A full representation of North Africa would feature numerous Italian divisions walking to Egypt.
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45