Decades Feeder Bracket - 1963 Final 8

Started by MetalDog, July 04, 2017, 08:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

The Final 8 doesn't appear to have any walkovers.  I would suspect The Beatles to have the easiest time.  Or The Beach Boys.  But, I am usually wrong when it comes to youse guys.  That means I should expect My Boyfriend's Back against Wipeout in the Championship.  ;)  Whatever the case, thank you for participating and happy voting!

The 1/8

The 4/12

The 3/6

The 2/10

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Steelgrave

The Ronettes also cut the first single of "Chapel of Love", the Billboard #1 song of 1964 for three weeks (and one of my favorites of the era).....only it was a big hit for The Dixie Cups, not the Ronettes, because Phil Spector wouldn't release The Ronette's version. Seems Phil was in love with the lead singer of The Ronettes (who later married him) and didn't want to see The Ronette's do too well. Creepy Phil to the end....

MetalDog

Yeah, Phil is one of those guys you know who would qualify as the picture proof of the definition in the dictionary.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

Glad to see Doris Troy go thru - too many people only know that song from TV commercials.

And I'll ALWAYS back the Ronnettes
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers