CKIII meets Game of Thrones

Started by bobarossa, December 15, 2021, 02:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bobarossa

Great Houses of Caldera announced and should enter Early Access next year.

https://www.gamewatcher.com/news/great-houses-of-calderia-grand-strategy-game

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1812910/Great_Houses_of_Calderia/

"Described as Crusader Kings III meets Game of Thrones, Great Houses of Calderia puts you at the helm of your very own house. Instead of focusing on a single character, the game tasks you with managing your whole family comprised of unique characters that can act of their own volition during your reign."

al_infierno

Isn't Crusader Kings itself already Crusader Kings meets Game of Thrones?  How is this game different exactly?

That said it'd be cool to see them give Paradox a run for their money if they knock this out of the park.
I was waiting for a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one.

bobarossa

I think there may be fantasy elements in it but it wasn't clear.

Grim.Reaper

This is releasing tomorrow in a pre early access state from their web site.  Seems interesting enough to try.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1812910/Great_Houses_of_Calderia/

Gusington

 :Dreamer:

Just reading the most up to date info on the page and it sounds very good. There is even 'tactical combat'.

But I will need to wait until it is out of pre-early access, at least.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grim.Reaper

#5
Quote from: Gusington on July 19, 2023, 07:12:42 PM:Dreamer:

Just reading the most up to date info on the page and it sounds very good. There is even 'tactical combat'.

But I will need to wait until it is out of pre-early access, at least.
[/
Quote from: Gusington on July 19, 2023, 07:12:42 PM:Dreamer:

Just reading the most up to date info on the page and it sounds very good. There is even 'tactical combat'.

But I will need to wait until it is out of pre-early access, at least.


Understandable.  I figured I might as well jump in since seems will be cheaper at $20 now as I assume it will be more when it makes its way to early access and eventual release, which good bet I would buy anyways:)  Sounds like the discount will be roughly 25% of release.  Before I do, I want to see how this will work and how they will make this version available, through steam or some kind of special version outside of it.

Gusington

I definitely want to see how the tactical combat works.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd