Supreme Ruler 2030 - July Release

Started by Grim.Reaper, July 12, 2023, 08:15:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grim.Reaper

Don't think we had a thread for this, but looks like will release by end of July according to the developer, although specific date not known.  There is a demo available.  This is one of those games I want to like, but have struggled with past games in this series....guess depending on price, may give it a shot with the hope it connects this time.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2093410/Supreme_Ruler_2030/

rss334

I really don't like the future units thing, more about ww2 and modern warfare but gave the demo a try.   Uninstalled after about 30 minutes, the UI still fights you when you play and the game feels like all the ones in the prior series with just some new units.  They are in serious need of an engine upgrade.

Grim.Reaper

July 25th confirmed as release date.

Grim.Reaper

I did end up picking it up, but for now it will just be on my backlog.  Regular price is $39.99 but if you own prior version you can get for $29.99 right now.  Hoping this time around it clicks with me as so much want one of these types of games to play but I have low confidence going in.

Jarhead0331

I think I'm done with Battlegoat. The system is too old and every release is just more of the same. They finally tried to do something somewhat unique with the series with Galactic Ruler and that was totally released way too prematurely and then essentially abandoned. I was stunned when they announced it was leaving early access. It really could have been something, but they blew it in my view.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Grim.Reaper

Yep, completely can see that.  Thought I would give one last chance as I am desperate for a game like this but I doubt it will be anything different.

JasonPratt

I was going to say, "Stick with the dwarven battlegoats in LotR Battle for Middle-Earth 2 and its expansions/mods" -- but based on my campaign AAR a few years ago, the battlegoat wagons were hugely disappointing, too.  :Nerd:

Which is weird because they're awesome as hell in the 3rd Hobbit film, especially the R-rated extended version.

(...not REMOTELY what I meant!)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!