Main Menu

Save FRIDAY

Started by Pete Dero, December 13, 2024, 05:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Pete Dero



Just some Age of Wonders 4 campaigns killing dragons.


Enjoy the weekend.


Tripoli

BoC and Fight Club work.  Maybe I'll have a bit of time for something else, but it's not looking good....
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Geezer

Started playing Path of Exile 2 a week ago.  Having fun with it although it feels a lot harder than the original Path of Exile.
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.  George Bernard Shaw

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
Bless those who heal our injuries.
Customer support by AI is evil.

Jarhead0331

DCS Iraq, Terminator Defiance: Dark Fate and maybe some Cyberpunk 2077 with the new 2.2 patch.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


joram

I bought Against the Storm a long time back but only just getting into it.  Needed a NMS break for a bit.  But now I'm finding Against the Storm quite addicting.

Dammit Carl!

'tis the season for parties and the like, so that's my Saturday and Sunday is going to be devoted to work related activities so not seeing too much fun time for me.

-pulled out the fondue set much to the chagrin of the Mrs., so bwahahaha!

Sir Slash

X-Mas parties here too this weekend. Maybe a little bit of time for CMBN.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

DesertFox

Splitting my limited gaming time between Armored Brigade 2 on the PC and College Football 25 on the PS5...  and having a grand old time doing it!!!
"Information, the first principle of warfare, must form the foundation of all your efforts. Know, of course, thine enemy. But in knowing him do not forget above all to know thyself. The commander who embraces this totality of battle shall win, even with the inferior force."
-- Spartan Battle Manual

Destraex

Naval Action has me hooked with the little time that the Christmas period allows me.
A lot of AFK sailing on trade runs lol.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

CaptainKoloth

Quote from: Destraex on December 17, 2024, 04:01:56 AMNaval Action has me hooked with the little time that the Christmas period allows me.
A lot of AFK sailing on trade runs lol.

Is Naval action playable purely PvE?

Skoop

Yes, but if your going to do only pve, you might as well just play ultimate admiral.  I'd recommend doing pve on the pvp server, it's all the same stuff and you also have the option to pvp.  Only issue I have is that they split pvp community with the 2 servers and pretty much killed the game for large clans organizing fleet battles. 

They really should have all players in one server, the pve people could have a large safe zone on a far side of the map.  You still have to do pve on the pvp server to gind stuff.  Having the pve people on a separate server was just nonsense, because once you became decent at the game and wanted some pvp action, you'd have to start all over on the pvp server.

Destraex

#12
Quote from: CaptainKoloth on December 17, 2024, 03:38:48 PM
Quote from: Destraex on December 17, 2024, 04:01:56 AMNaval Action has me hooked with the little time that the Christmas period allows me.
A lot of AFK sailing on trade runs lol.

Is Naval action playable purely PvE?
It can be played pve only on either the dedicated peace (pve) server or on the main carribean server. You see at the moment at least the carribean server has a lot of safe zones where no pvp combat is possible.

P.s. At the moment the purely peace server is not open to new players. But only previous players from when the game needed to be paid for. I believe the current plan is to open the peace server to new paid players after the next wipe.

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Destraex

#13
Quote from: Skoop on December 17, 2024, 09:41:11 PMYes, but if your going to do only pve, you might as well just play ultimate admiral.  I'd recommend doing pve on the pvp server, it's all the same stuff and you also have the option to pvp.  Only issue I have is that they split pvp community with the 2 servers and pretty much killed the game for large clans organizing fleet battles. 

They really should have all players in one server, the pve people could have a large safe zone on a far side of the map.  You still have to do pve on the pvp server to gind stuff.  Having the pve people on a separate server was just nonsense, because once you became decent at the game and wanted some pvp action, you'd have to start all over on the pvp server.

I disagree with playing ultimate admiral instead of naval action if you want single player modes. Naval Action is about being out on the ocean as one player with one ship. You can cooperate with friends if you want miltiple ships or brong ai fleets with you. Currently I am running a warship with an ai trading ship to hold any cargo I capture in battle.
Ultimate Admiral is much more about a story and managing larger fleets. You don't control the spars and a lot of the other detail you get in naval action. But most of all you don't get that feeling of being down with your crew or aiming at the cannon. Plus ultimate asmiral is a series of canned missions. Naval Action is an open world adventure where the playerbase makes the story.

By the way I am told by the comminity that after the hat may possibly be the final wipe they wxpect at least 800 players back. Where you only see 300 at peak now.



"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Anguille

Haven't played anything in months! No time. Between the hobbies of my kids, family life and progress on my book, I haven't had time to play anything.