Main Menu

Superstition [FRIDAY}

Started by Tripoli, February 21, 2025, 09:55:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Silent Disapproval Robot

I like building and painting vehicles.  I'm not so good at painting 28mm people.

Sir Slash

Bullshit SDR. Those are fantastic.  :Dreamer:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on February 21, 2025, 05:48:42 PMI like building and painting vehicles.  I'm not so good at painting 28mm people.

Half track is awesome 🤩

Destraex

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on February 21, 2025, 05:41:00 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on February 21, 2025, 03:27:23 PM^post pics of your minis!

I'm weak and easily swayed, damn it.

I've finished assembling the mdf buildings. Bloody nightmare.  Thin, weak pieces of mdf, grooves that were too tight, and my fat sausage fingers lead to a lot of snapped bits.






Baseboated some bunkers and spider holes.  I still need to weather them and add bits of bushes, grass, and whatnot







I finished painting an M3 halftrack.  It's a US model but I kitbashed it a bit to make it for use with the Brits as a stand-in M5.








And I also finished a Japanese Kurokane Type 95 car.  I was originally going to use it as a jumping off point for the Japanese forces but I found out that you can add it in to your force pool as a recce unit.  I might have to re-do it as I didn't bother putting historical markings on it and instead put a big, red meatball on the side because I had a tonne left over from the fighters I painted several years ago.  Definitely going to redo the officer and driver.  I used the IJA uniform paint but it came out too yellow so I tried some green washes.  Doesn't look right at all.


I loved your post. They are great.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Destraex

I saw a Silent Disapproval Robot when I tried Squad 44's expansion this weekend.
I wonder if it was our robot.





"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Destraex

I played some Sins2 and coh3 because of the coh event. The AI in coh3 has become much more competent in the lead up to the patch I have noticed. But then I play against expert. So maybe they thought that expert was too easy.





















"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Silent Disapproval Robot

Yup.  I was looking for ideas for Japanese uniform paint colours.

Destraex

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on February 22, 2025, 07:19:09 PMYup.  I was looking for ideas for Japanese uniform paint colours.
Did you enjoy the match? I only played for a short while. When I finally opened up with 1 round from prone hidden position, within half a second I was dead. I think I would have to play those maps a tonne to really get a feel for them. Squad play is of course best, but I was in no position to be on voice comms at that time. You were on an Aussie server? How was your ping?
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Silent Disapproval Robot

I pretty much found it to be a walking simulator with bullets.  I'd spend 10 minutes wandering from the spawn to the frontline then catch a round with my face.

I think I shot 3 guys and died about 30 times.

I don't think I have the patience, the reflexes, or the eyesight to play such games anymore.

Sir Slash

Scrumptious screen shots Destraex  :ThumbsUp:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Destraex

Quote from: Sir Slash on February 22, 2025, 09:57:49 PMScrumptious screen shots Destraex  :ThumbsUp:
Thanks... an extra helping for you then from the Task Force Admiral demo...













"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Sir Slash

Damn. Now I gotta go take a cold shower.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Redwolf

I am also "playing" with large language machine learning models this weekend. I run a bunch of them locally using Ollama, which makes it a breeze.

Wish they made one that can play the opponent in CM.

Toonces

Those are really impressive SDR!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

CaptainKoloth

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on February 22, 2025, 09:41:42 PMI pretty much found it to be a walking simulator with bullets.  I'd spend 10 minutes wandering from the spawn to the frontline then catch a round with my face.


To be fair this is probably not an inaccurate simulation of the average recruit's real-life combat experience.