Intrerest in a Virtual Table Top RPG Game?

Started by Double Deuce, February 01, 2012, 08:30:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Double Deuce

I've mentioned this on other forums some of those here frequent, or used to. Anyway, I have been playing some RPG's using Fantasy Grounds and it works really well. I am in the process of starting up a new Rolemaster campaign and am recruiting players. The current group is a 9AM-1PM game as I have a few Middle Eastern and Eastern Russia players so I have arranged my times to accommodate them for their particular group.  I have the Ultimate License so no one need buy anything to participate.

Actually, the main system is Harn but the character sheets and combat part is based on Rolemaster as Fantasy Grounds does not have a HarnMaster ruleset.

If anyone has interest in possibly getting involved I can post more. If there are enough people and all have a similar time availability we might be able to recruit a group specially for the Grogheads.

LongBlade

I looked at Fantasy Grounds a few years ago and it looked really cool.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Double Deuce

Quote from: LongBlade on February 02, 2012, 09:29:56 AM
I looked at Fantasy Grounds a few years ago and it looked really cool.

If you or anyone else for that matter wants to see more, I can set up a demo. I should be able to coordinate this according to other's schedules, unless I am working (nights and weekends). It can be in groups or per person. It would be not so much an active game but a chance to connect and play around with Fantasy Grounds and the Rolemaster, or other rulesets, (as long as I have a copy that is).

To add to that, if any of the members here that would be interested, I would be willing to run a Grogheads Members only game BUT the biggest obstacle there is that all players would have to be available to play during the same time frame, since its real time and not Play by Post.

TheCommandTent

You know me Mike I would love to play but my schedule right now is just not going to be able to fit in a game.  Im working different hours each week and I could not with a clear conscience commit to a game.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Double Deuce

Quote from: SCDJ on February 11, 2012, 05:21:29 PM
You know me Mike I would love to play but my schedule right now is just not going to be able to fit in a game.  Im working different hours each week and I could not with a clear conscience commit to a game.

Yeah, I'm sort of in the same boat as far as having a regular gaming schedule. Right now my only real available times are in the AM so I'm only finding European and Australian players when I try to recruit. I have managed to get int a regular Wednesday night game playing old school DnD (OSRIC). Its been really fun so far.

Double Deuce

My 1st level Ranger used in the Village of Hommlet Module (using the Fantasy Grounds VTT).

Bison

Bring this thread back to life!

I'd like some more information on Virtual Table Top and OSRIC.  Looking at VTT it looks like 3.5e, Pathfinder, 4e are supported with the initial liscense.  What all is included with that package?  Character sheets, VTT tiles/pieces, dice?

I didn't see an OSRIC or 1e included in the store.  How if possible are they supported?

Double Deuce

The guy who hosted the Wiki where all the free and in-progress rulesets were uploaded to had to close due to hosting limits (I think it was that free hosting). Anyway, they are supposedly in the process of moving everything to the Fantasy Grounds website somewhere for Smiteworks to consider hosting. I will check around.

To get an idea what is included and what costs go to http://www.fantasygrounds.com/downloads/ and scroll down to the Community Rulesets section on the right side. There are more in the Armory Section of their forums for works in progress and stuff. If you want screenshots of anything I can get them uploaded here for you to check out. Just let me know.

Bison

Thanks DD.  I guess my question is what tools do you get to run a campaign.  Dungeon/town/wilderness tiles.  Character/monster markers.  Things like that.

Double Deuce

No images or tiles come with the game, you need to obtain and import maps and character tokens into FG to use in your games. Some free, some not. The only markers/tokens I think that come by default are the A-Z letter tokens though.   

Double Deuce

Almost forgot, there are some generic character tokens included too, but you can import your own as can your players.

Double Deuce

Forgot about this link. Devin Night has 20 Token Packs you can download for free, at least for now. He also has a kickstarter for more but I just found out and have not had a chance to look through it to see what it includes.

DV8

I know a few of you have started a PbF game so if there is interest in a new game I would like to jump in.
"Most of my cliches aren't original." - Chuck Knox

Double Deuce

I think Toonces is going to be restarting his Pendragon game at some point once he gets caught back up on somethings.