Deadlock 1 & 2 on GOG

Started by bbmike, January 28, 2014, 05:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbmike

I just recently started playing Deadlock Planetary Conquest for the first time and it and it's sequel are now available on GOG. Not sure about Deadlock 2 yet but I'm having fun with Deadlock so far. I recommend it if you like classic turn based strategy games. Also check out fansite Gallius for more Deadlock information.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bobarossa

I don't remember these games at all.  The GOG reviews are universally good.  For $8 I'm tempted.  However I already have a dozen games on my PC waiting to be played.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: bobarossa on January 29, 2014, 10:04:31 AM
I don't remember these games at all.  The GOG reviews are universally good.  For $8 I'm tempted.  However I already have a dozen games on my PC waiting to be played.

Just a warning about trusting GOG reviews : they are almost universally good. 95% of the time they're just nostalgia from people who haven't actually played the game in at least 5 years.

Greybriar

I enjoyed playing the Deadlock games back in the day, but it's been close to 20 years since the first one was released in 1996 and I can't remember much about it or its successor. I do plan on purchasing both of them from GOG.com but with so much on my gaming plate right now I believe I will wait awhile.

For those who haven't played either of the games in the Deadlock series, I suggest downloading a demo and / or watching a video of the games on YouTube.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Nefaro

Pretty sure I still have the Deadlock 2 disk packed away with other oldies somewhere.

I recall, even years ago, that the game had interesting stuff but that it was quickly superceded by newer strategy games.  So it didn't have a long life span on my hard drive once the 90s were over.