Steam and Iron development plans

Started by RyanE, October 05, 2014, 07:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Sir Slash

Yeah, looks like he also had his BC's engaging with the wind behind him making his smoke foul their shooting. At least some of the time. I can relate to the torpedo in your ass threat. A campaign fight recently had my 2 German CL's and 2 DD's engage a single Russian DD. We were beating the piss out of him until... he slowed... and... put a fish into one my CL's at about 1000 yards. She nearly sank before I could get her slowed down and out of harm's way too. Good thing the game doesn't demote you for your screw-ups.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Boggit

It sounds like it's a really decent game. I waited because they were doing the campaign stuff, and I thought I'd wait for release, then I forgot all about it. Is the current state of SAI really good now?
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat

Asid

Quote from: Boggit on October 21, 2014, 02:33:12 PM
Is the current state of SAI really good now?

Yes

The campaign adds so much more :)
War in Pieces

Sign up for the Dogs Of War Vu newsletter @ www.dogsofwarvu.com 
I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Boggit

Thanks Asid. I'll add it to my Christmas wishlist. :)
The most shocking fact about war is that its victims and its instruments are individual human beings, and that these individual beings are condemned by the monstrous conventions of politics to murder or be murdered in quarrels not their own. Aldous Huxley

Foul Temptress! (Mirth replying to Gus) ;)

On a good day, our legislature has the prestige of a drunk urinating on a wall at 4am and getting most of it on his shoe. On a good day  ::) Steelgrave

It's kind of silly to investigate whether or not a Clinton is lying. That's sort of like investigating why the sky is blue. Banzai_Cat



republic

Woah, that is exactly the sort of thing I've been looking for!

Sir Slash

Could be a real winner. SAI's Data base of vessels is incredible and the Ship Editor already allows you to make almost anything you can think of. Now we'll have a reason to make them. I'm thinking most people here will likely have a provocative foreign policy. Kind of like this  :knuppel2: with 15in. guns.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

republic

The (draft) manual for Rule the Waves has been released, and it seems we might just be "a couple of months" from release!

http://nws-online.proboards.com/thread/260/rule-waves-information?page=4

MengJiao

Quote from: Sir Slash on October 29, 2014, 03:07:19 PM
Could be a real winner. SAI's Data base of vessels is incredible and the Ship Editor already allows you to make almost anything you can think of. Now we'll have a reason to make them. I'm thinking most people here will likely have a provocative foreign policy. Kind of like this  :knuppel2: with 15in. guns.

  Sounds like an ideal game to me: you are the moral equivalent of Jackie Fisher and/or Tirpitz or 10 confused Frenchmen:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Fisher,_1st_Baron_Fisher


republic

I really like the idea of the arms limitation treaties and therefor the need to upgrade already built ships.  I've always wanted to see that in a game.

MengJiao

Quote from: republic on January 14, 2015, 10:11:57 AM
I really like the idea of the arms limitation treaties and therefor the need to upgrade already built ships.  I've always wanted to see that in a game.

  Here's something from RPS:

   http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/01/23/the-flare-path-dreadnoughts-and-droid-thoughts/#more-264933