Free RPG Day

Started by TheCommandTent, June 15, 2013, 04:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCommandTent

Today is free RPG day where lots of place are giving away free RPG stuff.

http://www.freerpgday.com/

My LFGS did have anything for it, but maybe some of y'all made out better.  Anybody get anything today?
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

bayonetbrant

I would've, if I'd been back at Gamer's Armory.  Instead I was walking around Origins all day, not loading up on freebies.

In years past, Free RPG Day was always before Origins, and they'd give out the leftovers at Origins.  Not this year.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

I have no local gaming stores at all, assuming that they would want to be found and aren't actually hiding from gamers by not advertising or listing in the YPs. Is there any kind of national association that might have a current state by state list just in case?
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Staggerwing on June 15, 2013, 06:48:29 PM
I have no local gaming stores at all, assuming that they would want to be found and aren't actually hiding from gamers by not advertising or listing in the YPs. Is there any kind of national association that might have a current state by state list just in case?

There is a store locator at the link I posted above.
"No wants, no needs, we weren't meant for that, none of us.  Man stagnates if he has no ambition, no desire to be more than he is."

Staggerwing

I think that might be just for free RPG day. I'd be glad to find an LGS even if it didn't give me a free game.

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Staggerwing on June 15, 2013, 07:10:35 PM
I think that might be just for free RPG day. I'd be glad to find an LGS even if it didn't give me a free game.

Sorry I miss read your post.  Where are you located?

Staggerwing

Central Connecticut shoreline. I found a list of LGSs on BGG that had about 6 places listed. I was quite excited until I saw that the list was compiled eight years ago and all of the stores listed were OOB.

Still, some good news- I read that (as of 2012) a game store called The Citadel (which I thought was closed) appears to have moved to a new location. I went there two years ago and found it empty. It would have been nice if they had put a 'moved' note in the window since their store name was still up above the window.  ::)

TheCommandTent

Quote from: Staggerwing on June 15, 2013, 07:40:29 PM
Central Connecticut shoreline. I found a list of LGSs on BGG that had about 6 places listed. I was quite excited until I saw that the list was compiled eight years ago and all of the stores listed were OOB.

Still, some good news- I read that (as of 2012) a game store called The Citadel (which I thought was closed) appears to have moved to a new location. I went there two years ago and found it empty. It would have been nice if they had put a 'moved' note in the window since their store name was still up above the window.  ::)

This wouldn't be it would it?

http://www.yelp.com/biz/citadel-games-groton

Not sure this has what you are looking for or is near you but they may know of others in the area.

http://www.leestoyandhobby.com/

Also this place

http://www.battlegroundsgaming.net/

Not sure if you are near any of them.

bayonetbrant

worst case, you've still got a few hours to start downloading the 2000-odd freebies over at Drive-Thru RPG

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/index.php?keywords=%20&pfrom=0&pto=0&skip=10&page=1
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers