LucasArts -- RIP

Started by steve58, April 03, 2013, 01:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

They did some cool stuff. Hopefully Disney will figure out how to resurrect that gaming legacy and bring us some goodness.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

JasonPratt

GRIM FANDANGO -- would like to RIP LucasArts...  :'(
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Hiimori

I was in awe when I played Maniac Mansion on Commodore 64 for the first time!

Later, it was Shadows of the Empire, which brought a new and refreshing angle to the Star Wars universe (SotE was an interesting project, not only the game but also a soundtrack, a novel, and tons of merchandise were released and SotE was meant to be a canonical side-story to the Star Wars movies, or "a movie without being a movie"). 

We had endless hours of fun with the legendary "Star Wars Episode I Racer", one of the fastest racing games I had played so far - on some levels, you couldn't even blink without crashing into a wall, and we still remember this game fondly.

One of my all-time favorites was the (undervalued) tactics shooter "Star Wars Republic Commando". I devoured all Republic Commando books afterwards and still love the Mandalorian soundtrack today, the game simply has one of the greatest music scores of all time.

I really hope that closing the studios and switching to a license model will offer other good studios the opportunity to continue or reanimate some of the good old LA games. I would love to see Republic Commando II (the open ending suggested a part II), or a new Knights of the Old Republic game (not the stupid MMO stuff but the good old "get the Sith or the Jedi ending" RPG concept), and - most of all - I hope chances for  Battlefront III are rising again! Battlefront III on a next-gen console would be awesome  8)
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

jejo68

always hoped there would be a remake of the old x-wing series  :(

GDS_Starfury

Id rather see a Tie Fighter remake.  IIRC there are some graphic update mods out there for the whole series.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.