Main Menu

Starlight Inception...

Started by Jarhead0331, September 19, 2013, 07:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jarhead0331

This was released for early access on steam today.  The premise is interesting, but the screenshots and videos leave me unimpressed.  Anyone give it a shot yet?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Ubercat

"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Ubercat

Oh, cool. Thanks for the link. It's funny that in the game you're stationed on the Independence. I was stationed on the USS Independence in the late 80's.
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

GDS_Starfury

Im positive Ive seen those ship designs here:  http://conceptships.blogspot.com/
I just cant find them now.  :(
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Nefaro

preview vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDSHLl804YQ

Is it just an arcade space shooter?  That's what it looks like. 

I take that back.  It looks like Zigfrak but without the Open RPG features.  Also sounds like it's console focused.

Tpek

It's indeed a space shooter and quite arcadey.

It seems to try and evoke a bit of a Wing Commander feeling (the briefing room at the start of the first mission), though it quickly passes.

Jarhead0331

Supposedly, once the game is finished, the player will be able to walk around the Independence in first-person and interact with NPCs in various areas of the ship, ie. the bridge, hangar bays, barracks, etc.  I think this feature is supposed to be the game's big draw.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18