Main Menu

SC WWI update

Started by Bismarck, October 16, 2013, 11:27:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Martok

#15
Bill and someone else (I want to say W8taminute, although I can't remember if he even has the game) has said the AI in SC: WW1 is decent as well. 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Gusington

In Commander it will rip you a new one as soon as it finds a breach. Although when I played PBEM with Shelldrake he did the same thing to me so I could just suck at the game.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I played the demo to SC WWI as both Allied and Central Powers and the AI for both was very competent. Aggressive early on but would react to your moves quite well. The price tag chased me away.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

Quote from: Gusington on October 18, 2013, 07:27:28 AM
The AI for Commander: The Great War is very good. I have heard the same said of the AI in SC: WWI as well. Can anyone verify?

AI for Strategic Command WW1 is very good.  PBEM is very well done for the game.  I wrote an AAR for the entire war.  There are several others out there.

This is a true strategic level game.  You must remember that your strategy drives your tactics and not vice-versa.  In every AAR that I have read one (or both) players starts trying to take advantage of short run tactical situations and will forget the overall strategy.  This does not work out well.  More interesting, a number of the games have had some of the strategic blunders that you saw in WWI done by human opponents.  This is a game that requires both a sound strategy and consistent tactical execution to win.  Fail to do both and the AI can crush you.

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on October 18, 2013, 07:27:28 AM
The AI for Commander: The Great War is very good. I have heard the same said of the AI in SC: WWI as well. Can anyone verify?

Yes and yes.

Gusington

Well there you go. My mind is bending with everything I want to play and then further gaming purchases. Then everything goes white and I just stare blankly at my screen as Steam downloads something like 5 updates at a time.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Nefaro

Quote from: Gusington on October 18, 2013, 07:28:06 PM
Well there you go. My mind is bending with everything I want to play and then further gaming purchases. Then everything goes white and I just stare blankly at my screen as Steam downloads something like 5 updates at a time.

My Steam updates rose by an average of about two per day, after loading DOTA 2.  It's like they patch it every ten hours.  Must be a lot of cheaters assaulting that thing with hacks.