DVG - Lots of News!

Started by DanVerssen, October 03, 2013, 04:37:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanVerssen

THE CARDS OF CTHULHU

We are finishing up the design and prepping the files!

If you would like to receive the pre-order price, please pre-order soon!

BATTLE FOR STALINGRAD

Should arrive from the printer in a few weeks!

WARFIGHTER

Will be up on Kickstarter soon. Here's a link to its preview video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Re9ksy-EI4

HUEY LEADER

We've added a page of the Terrain hex counters to the game page!

http://www.dvg.com/.sc/ms/bdd/ee/69/Huey%20Leader

PHANTOM LEADER - DELUXE - REVIEW!

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/phantom-leader-vietnam-air-war-solitaire-game-boardgame-review.htm

www.dvg.com

MikeGER

Hurra! new news  :)  i was a little worried that it was so silent

when will the Huey rules-pdf go online for a first glance?

i have read (must have been over at BGG) that US ground units get delivered by Hueys and have to be defended with CAS?
does this infiltrations happen on the random placed 10  hex counters map, or more abstract on the sector map? and do the US ground units (when on the Terrain map) fight / maybe even move a singel hex too ...on certain dice rolls?

(i imagine it like this:  i have to air assault a bunker area, make up my plan,  soften up the area on turn one, then i deliver the troops -lets say 2 tiles (2 x 500m) from the target-  the other air assets do there CAS thing... While the loitering counter ticks down, the ground US unit tries to move to the target tile one hex a time, and finally assault the tile with the bunker-objects, get repelled, maybe even have to retreat a hex, depending on dice rolls, landscape, and enemy state in the hexes around them and especially the target-tile. The NVA units on the 10-tiles-map try to close in onto the US airborne infantry positions of course.... like the enemy choppers do in TAL)

DanVerssen

Hello!

Huey will use the same 10-hex system as TAL. :)

Your description of an air assault is spot on! You'll move your choppers onto the map loaded with squads, take out some of the defenses, land and deploy troops, who will then attack the objective while your aircraft provide CAS.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Staggerwing

You guys should do lunch. Bring pens.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys