Jim Beam acquired by the Japanese

Started by steve58, January 13, 2014, 09:03:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve58

Say it ain't so Jim :-\

Beam, the maker of Jim Beam and Maker's Mark bourbons along with other liquor brands, has agreed to be acquired by Japan's Suntory Holdings Ltd. for approximately $13.62 billion.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_BEAM_ACQUISITION?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-01-13-07-19-30
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Bison

Well it's official.  The American decline into 3rd world nation status is here boys.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

LongBlade

Suntory isn't bad as Japanese liquor goes. At least it's not Chinese.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

mirth

I named my SWTOR Jedi Guardian Suntori.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Centurion40

Any time is a good time for pie.

Con

Think about it.  One shot of Jim Beam will go three times as far with those enzyme lacking, bait swilling shinto boys

Con

steve58

Quote from: LongBlade on January 13, 2014, 01:24:07 PM
Suntory isn't bad as Japanese liquor goes. At least it's not Chinese.

If I remember correctly, I bought my Dad some of this

a few years before he passed away.  He said it was pretty damn good...
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Toonces

I'm all about Scotch and Jack Daniels now...although Maker's Mark is pretty damn good.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Windigo

Quote from: steve58 on January 13, 2014, 09:03:21 AM
Say it ain't so Jim :-\

Beam, the maker of Jim Beam and Maker's Mark bourbons along with other liquor brands, has agreed to be acquired by Japan's Suntory Holdings Ltd. for approximately $13.62 billion.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_BEAM_ACQUISITION?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-01-13-07-19-30
My doctor wrote me a prescription for daily sex.

My wife insists that it says dyslexia but what does she know.

Grimnirsson

Here's the reason why they were sold to the Japanese:

QuoteDemand is so robust that Beam last year even considered reducing the alcohol content for Maker's Mark because of a supply shortage. The company scrapped the idea after a backlash by fans of the higher-end bourbon.

That they even considered this demanded punishment, so they got it... ;)
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de