Do you know D'Annunzio?

Started by MetalDog, December 19, 2013, 08:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

I haven't followed up on this yet, but, the article and quick interview with the author piqued my interest.  Anyone who has a half a battleship disassembled and brought to his home to be re-assembled - in a hillside - gets my attention.  Not to mention taking over a city in Croatia and announcing a new Utopia.  And bedding actresses.  How do you not like this guy?!

http://news.yahoo.com/book-talk-pike-biography-reads-novel-080741620--sector.html
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

GDS_Starfury

so thats who I was last time...
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

MetalDog

^I'll admit there are several character defects that a morally upright person might find objectionable, but, a BATTLEship, man!  In the side of a HILL!  What's not to like?
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

ComradeP

He was one of about 3-4 people that got Italy into such a frenzy that it stumbled into WWI. According to recent comments by critics, his writings haven't aged well, swollen with emotional bombastic rhetoric as they are. That's the problem with reading the works of most of the nationalistic writers of the time, though, we don't feel nearly as passionate about the subjects they mention as people did about a century ago.
The fact that these people drew inspiration...and then became chicken farmers - Cyrano, Dragon' Up The Past #45

Keunert

Italy's history is full of eccentric figures. His Villa is a museum and can be visited. Among all fascist jerks the Italians were probably the most fascinating ones. Several of Mussolini's generals and ministers were quite unbelieveable characters.
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde

Special K has too much class.
Windigo