Not wargaming...but...NASCAR 14

Started by JudgeDredd, February 19, 2014, 04:16:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

^ Yeah - someone cleared it up for me. Here was me thinking it was just round and round....oh no. Daytona is different apparently
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

On another note...

I could be wrong, but I did a run at Daytona with 50% tape and 100% tape and I didn't notice any difference in speed when in NASCAR Season 2003 grille tape made quite a difference. I also didn't notice too much in the way of heat issues...and with 100% tape in NASCAR Season 2003 100% grille tape would have got you a blown engine in a few laps.

I was able to do 9 laps, with some drafting, with seemingly no heat issues.

Was NASCAR Season 2003 grille tape effect exaggerated or isn't it modelled very well in this game?


So I did one flying test lap at Daytona...no other cars, pretty much the same line...

100% grille tape
Best Lap 189.65
Avg Lap 188.82

70% grille tape
Best Lap 190.18
Avg Lap 189.29

0% grille tape
Best Lap 190.10
Avg Lap 188.56

I'm a bit disappointed with that to be honest. From what I know, grille tape affects the cars performance quite considerably...and if it doesn't work, what else in the setup doesn't work?

I could be wrong - it was a small test, but I guarantee I wouldn't get that result on NASCAR Season 2003
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people