Dungeon Keeper for free at GOG!

Started by Shelldrake, February 14, 2014, 06:36:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

undercovergeek

Did anyone ever play it at full moon?

Martok

I got the email notification for this one, so I grabbed it right away.  I remember playing DungeonKeeper many moons ago, and I rather enjoyed the experience.  :) 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

BanzaiCat

I never played it before. Hoping to finish cleaning up my hard drive before I try to install it.

Nefaro

It probably looks pretty terrible nowadays.  Many of those 90s 3D graphics look like a splash of nondescript multi-colored vomit anymore.  Pretty rough stuff.

Makes me realize why my visual focus finally going bad.

Darkspire

Quote from: Nefaro on February 16, 2014, 12:05:19 AM
It probably looks pretty terrible nowadays.  Many of those 90s 3D graphics look like a splash of nondescript multi-colored vomit anymore.  Pretty rough stuff.

Makes me realize why my visual focus finally going bad.

I dug out my copy of Magic Carpet the other day and know what you mean about the GFX, TBH I think it gives them a certain charm, if the gameplay aspect today was taken as seriously as it was way back then the gaming world would not be so predictable. Dungeon Keeper's GFX are about the same, functional but the added 'walk about as a creature' is a nice touch.

Just wish they would make a HD remake of these games, Magic Carpet would be amazing.

Darkspire
Trying to prove the existence of God with the Bible is the same thing as trying to prove the existence of Orcs using the Lord of the Rings books.