No Good Modern Global Strategy Games?

Started by Ian C, February 28, 2014, 12:50:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Staggerwing

Maybe an EvW scenario will already be part of HOI4.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss
 
'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

mikeck

Quote from: tgb on February 28, 2014, 08:57:28 PM
This thread actually inspired me to head over to the Paradox forums and see what the status of East vs. West is.  In a word, not good.

It appears that Paradox is abandoning it (as of March 1, I think), much like they did Magna Mundi last year.  Only this time they say that the developers will give a free copy of the game to anyone who wants it.  It's still considered a beta, but the developers are encouraging donations (entirely voluntary - you can still get a copy for free) and if enough cash comes in they may keep working on it and may actually finish it one day. but Paradox will no longer be footing the bill.

Disappointing, to say the least, but I may check it out for free just to see how bad a train wreck it actually is.

Great I was actually really looking forward to that game probably more than any other this year a...grand strategic Cold War simulator. Oh well, better that than making another World War II game there's just so many grand strategic simulations of the Cold War going around.
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson