JTS Waterloo Demo Released

Started by Compass Rose, July 15, 2014, 01:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Compass Rose

JTS just released their first ever NAP Demo.

From the JTS website:

"If you'd like to get a taste of what one of the Napoleonic Battles games has to offer, check out the The Final Struggle at the Demos page. This demo has a few scenarios from the Battle of Waterloo and let's you try out the interface. The complete games have many more scenarios plus a campaign game that lets you play a number of situations with decisions at each step."

The Demo can be downloaded here:  http://johntillersoftware.com/Demos.php

PAK

Risky move, I would say. When potential buyers will see the brilliant tiller's ai in action, for example cavalry going through its own infantry battalions, causing disruption all over the place... :crazy2:

Rayfer

Quote from: PAK on July 15, 2014, 03:16:21 PM
Risky move, I would say. When potential buyers will see the brilliant tiller's ai in action, for example cavalry going through its own infantry battalions, causing disruption all over the place... :crazy2:

But in reading Chandler's Campaigns of Napoleon that sort of thing happened in the real battles so shouldn't a truly well done pc game AI make these mistakes too. Human intelligence is flawed and makes mistakes. Game AI should do the same. Just saying.

panzerde

I'll just say that I've started playing Campaign Leipzig in earnest this weekend, and am enjoying it quite a bit. The AI isn't the strongest opponent I've even played against, but it isn't horrible.

Overall, I've had many, many hours of enjoyment from Tiller's games. They aren't the right games for everyone. Doesn't mean that any discussion of them has to be met with snark.
"This damned Bonaparte is going to get us all killed" - Jean Lannes, 1809

Castellan -  La Fraternite des Boutons Carres