Next EU IV mini expansion - Res Publica

Started by undercovergeek, June 19, 2014, 06:45:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

undercovergeek

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?783923-Paradox-Unveils-New-Europa-Universalis-IV-Mini-Expansion-to-the-Public

i think its a wonderful thing there is so much content to choose from

trouble is im happy tooling along in vanilla theres that much to do

steve58

#1
...is out.  $5 at Steam and Gamersgate.  ...and three more $2 DLCs to go with it.
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Greybriar

I think I'll wait until I can get the complete EU4 DLC collection for less than $10.
Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.

Queeg

I'm expansioned out with EU4 - and with Paradox games in general.  They seem to start with a decent idea and then wander off in whatever direction suits their fancy at the moment.  The end result too often looks like a house built without the aid of an architect.

And EU4 has been especially bad.  Several of the "patches" have introduced fundamental gameplay changes to accommodate features in the so-called "optional" expansions.  I always thought one of the cardinal rules was that DLCs should not break the base game - let me choose whether to buy a DLC; don't break the core game with a "patch" to make me have to buy the DLC.  That's a major bad in my book.

I may give EU4 another try if they ever figure out what they want the game to be about and quit the one-step aimlessly in the general direction of forward, two steps back routine.

tgb

You could always go into Steam and turn off automatic updating for EU IV.

Nefaro

Quote from: tgb on July 16, 2014, 12:14:03 PM
You could always go into Steam and turn off automatic updating for EU IV.

But what if it's too late?  :buck2:

Queeg

Quote from: tgb on July 16, 2014, 12:14:03 PM
You could always go into Steam and turn off automatic updating for EU IV.

You're right, I can roll back to the original game, without any of the patches. But if all I want are the AI improvements and other fixes from the patches, but without all the gameplay changes they added to accommodate the DLCs, then I'm SOL.  A "patch" should fix things; fundamental changes should be reserved for expansions.