Arkham Knight delayed until 2015

Started by JasonPratt, October 13, 2014, 08:43:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JasonPratt

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, as the buildup should have been building up already if it was going to release this month or next; and I trust them not to release a sucky game, so if they think it needed more work then by all means they should release when it's ready.

Can't help feeling disappointed, though.  :-\

Oh well, more room for Raven's Call or something, right?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Apocalypse 31

Bummer.

I still haven't played Origins. The reviews have kept me away, even with a $9 price tag.

I regard Asylum and City as some of the best fighting games I've played. I heard they broke away from some of the core with Origins.

JasonPratt

Those people are on drugs. In no way does Origins step away from core gameplay. If anything, it keeps too much core from City, in tech that Batman probably shouldn't have yet this early -- but it's possible to play the whole game in a more 'primitive' Batman style without usually using the extra tech whistles. And the designers added a lot more to the detective-style "missions".

The main problems would be some major bugs in the PC release (since squashed I think) and a lack of Animated Series voice actors in key roles, but Troy Baker and Whoeverheis acquit themselves very well as the Joker and Batman (not a spoiler since the Joker is on the cover though not obviously), and the other villains are generally good-to-great, even the silly Electrocutioner who is played as a 'serious joke' villain. (i.e. who is this new guy created by the writers who is supposed to rank up with the other assassins?!? Oh... hahahahahahahahaha!!)

I had no complaints at all, except for how interrogating some Riddler goons will light up a few trophies that aren't yet "on the map" until later, leading players like me to waste time and frustration trying to even find them at all. Otherwise it's just pure-grade Arkham City gameplay in a much larger cityscape, about twice the size of AC, including most or all of the original AC area (but functional and not ruined). Also, while I understood why they started where they did, about 2 years into his career, I do wish they had set up a DLC campaign for overthrowing Carmine Falcone and catching the Calendar Man (and the Red Hood business), working out the new tech and staying out of police and public eyes.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!