Wasteland 2 Patch...2GB really?

Started by JudgeDredd, November 05, 2014, 03:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

As title...Steam says downloaded 80.6MB of 2.2GB  :o
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Nefaro

patch notes:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/240760/discussions/0/613941122551999479/

Looks like they changed some UI stuff, added colorblind mode and some other graphical options.  Among other things.

So I'm guessing they just re-uploaded all the graphical files to be sure.

With such wide sweeping changes, this may be warranted.  But there are still some developers who patch lazily because Steam allows them to do so.  Where a normal list of bug fixes gets a 2GB download of many game files that were untouched from the previous version.  I think Space Hulk used to get that treatment, to name one.  Dunno if they just stopped putting out patches or they finally started keeping track of which files they updated and only uploaded those to Steam (as opposed to nearly all of them).

Huw the Poo

There's an issue with Steam's download system which has it report the total size after unpacking.  You may well end up downloading much less than 2GB.

JudgeDredd

It's finished and does say 2.2GB of 2.2GB downloaded...if there was a problem with total size, I would've thought the downloaded figure would show the right figure...so I do think it downloaded 2.2GB.

Doesn't matter - with 100MB download speed, it took no time at all to download   >:D

I just thought it was a large patch :buck2:
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Nefaro

It was indeed 2.2GB worth of downloading.