Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

Started by Grim.Reaper, December 22, 2014, 06:30:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Grim.Reaper

Not sure how many other folks picked this one up, but really enjoying it so far.  Kind of an interesting release since it is more of a prologue to the main game that comes out in February (consoles date, not sure about PC yet).  Some people think it is more of a demo and put off having to buy it since not a very long game.  I have a couple of hours in it and so far pretty impressed and think I will get my $14 out of it.  Really like the fact it seems open ended where you can go about things in different ways, whether stealth or guns blazing.  I am never good with these kind of games, but the enemy AI seems pretty darn good where they don't act completely stupid.  If they hear a sound or sight you, they will perform a fairly thorough search routine to find you versus just ignoring you.  Been pretty tough for me so far to make a lot of progress.  Really like trying to sneak around but you have to be good at it or the guards will discover you.

I am using a controller and everything seems to flow pretty well.  The graphics are really impressive as well.  Before these release in the last couple of days, never knew it was coming out.  Now based on what I have seen, can't wait for the full game release and hopefully it won't be too far behind the consoles.  I much prefer these stealth games like Sniper Elite versus the fast paced games like Call of Duty so glad I stumbled upon it.

jomni

I have it in the PS3.  But I haven't really played it. :P
Should be good given the Metal Gear Solid pedigree. 

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: jomni on December 22, 2014, 06:32:29 PM
I have it in the PS3.  But I haven't really played it. :P
Should be good given the Metal Gear Solid pedigree.

Have to admit, never played a game in the series before so this is my first one.....now based on what I have seen, wish I would have paid attention sooner.

Apocalypse 31

I picked it up.

I didn't know it was just going to be that 1 prison level. I'm a little bummed about that.

Regardless, is a hard game. I tried to play the initial mission work killing anyone. Couldn't do it