Main Menu

Attila or Homeworld?

Started by LongBlade, March 08, 2015, 10:48:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

LongBlade

Quote from: Bison on March 08, 2015, 03:34:21 PM
I say get 7 Days to Die and hone your zombie apocalypse survival skills.  :)

You are a very wise man.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

LongBlade

Thanks for the advice guys. Homeworld it is. Maybe followed later by Attila and then 7 Days to Die.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

GDS_Starfury

the thing that everyone should keep in mind is this:  there is pretty much no well known sci fi space universe that hasnt been modded for the Homeworld series.
Star Trek, all series
Star Wars, all eras
Babylon 5
Battlestar Galactica
Space Above and Beyond
Macross/Robotech
Gundam
there was some serious work done for a Honor Harrington mod that was shut down by evil lawyers.

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Gusington

Is there a best, hands down, all around Homeworld mod? Is the Steam workshop set up for the remastered version with compatible mods yet?
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

GDS_Starfury

Complex and PDS are widely considered to be the most polished of the HW mods.
I recall the Star Wars mod being really well done.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 08, 2015, 09:55:28 PM

there was some serious work done for a Honor Harrington mod that was shut down by evil lawyers.

Hey! I resemble that statement!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


mikeck

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 09, 2015, 10:12:06 AM
Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 08, 2015, 09:55:28 PM

there was some serious work done for a Honor Harrington mod that was shut down by evil lawyers.

Hey! I resemble that statement!

Lol, lawyers arent  evil if they are making you money
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

GDS_Starfury

A Harrington mod with a campaign would have been fucking epic with this game engine.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


RedArgo

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 08, 2015, 11:25:43 AM
this is from a HW2 mod:



Damn, now I've got another game to buy.  That looks amazing!

GDS_Starfury

To be honest I dont know if the mods will work with the original versions released through Steam.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.


LongBlade

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on March 09, 2015, 03:46:29 PM
To be honest I dont know if the mods will work with the original versions released through Steam.

Well, it's a good bet someone will make some that will.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

GDS_Starfury

I dont see why not.  the vast majority of the hard work is already done.
Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.