WinSPMBT and WinSPWWII

Started by Double Deuce, April 27, 2012, 01:07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Double Deuce

I used to design alot for that series, mostly WinSPMBT but haven't messed with it for at least a year or more. Was thinking about getting back into it and maybe work up a new campaign based on my Silver Lions or 11th US MEU campaign.

Anyone played with the recent updates? Are the changes noticeable?

Oche

Supression has been increased, units get pinned down more easily by artillery and incoming fire, but it does not affect rallying. Infantry combat in general "feels" more intense since units that are size 1 that come under 4 men automatically become size 0 units though it is not shown on unit card since it will still show size 1. More scenarios, updated rosters, some new repainted unit icons, new unit picture cards, a few new campaigns, Fixed "on map" artillery above 155mm has been removed from the rosters but not SP artillery. Other than i think it is too fast to give a full report about other noticeable changes but i'm surely tracking them.   8)

gabeeg

If you missed last years update also, you can add to Oche's list cheaper AT guns, better support of wide screens and Windows 7/Vista....and my favorite, reduced CPU usage during non-action (my lap thanks Camo for that one)...and the regular unit tweaks, picture adds/tweaks, scenario adds/tweaks.
Kind Regards,
Harry

jjdenver

WinSPWWII has a campaign hack utility I read. I haven't ever played it. Do most ppl use this to add campaigns from the version put out by Matrix? I read that the campaigns are better/more numerous in that version.

Oche

Quote from: jjdenver on April 27, 2012, 03:27:33 PM
WinSPWWII has a campaign hack utility I read. I haven't ever played it. Do most ppl use this to add campaigns from the version put out by Matrix? I read that the campaigns are better/more numerous in that version.

The Matrix version has more campaigns than WINSPWW2. SPWAW version 8.403 has 23 different campaigns and WINSPWW2 version 5.0 has 13 different campaigns. Are the SPWAW campaigns better than the WINSPWW2?, don't know, but the ones i've played for WINSPWAW have been all excellent.