AGEOD Civil War II version 1.0.5

Started by Asid, April 21, 2015, 10:53:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JasonPratt

Sure! {pointing at Forge of Freedom}  ;D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Dread Rlyeh

Quote from: JasonPratt on May 07, 2015, 12:45:31 PM
Sure! {pointing at Forge of Freedom}  ;D
I have heard good things about that one, maybe when Maxtrix drops the price out of first born child territory, I will check it out  ;) 

I do hope that we can get something reasonably stable for CW2 - I recently read Ghost, Thunderbolt, and Wizard: Mosby, Morgan, and Forrest in the Civil War and had an itching to play. 

Dread Rlyeh

I think I'm going to give this a shot - the thread below has a link to 1.06 beta, as well as two hotfixes for issues off the base 1.06.  The hotfixes are of course not edited into the OP :)

I'm going to try the 2nd hotfix and keep my fingers crossed.  The guy who reported the Union being unable to create corps simply said he was on 1.06, so perhaps the issue doesn't exist in the hotfixes.  I haven't looked in the RAR files yet to see what is being deployed - it sounds like it could be an event/trigger issue that may not be fixed with just an .exe update.

We will see, at the rate I've been playing games lately I may not even get to 1862 before Pocus resolves the problem :)  Also, it might be possible with some jiggering to solve the issue if it even exists - ie, downgrade (either completely if compatible or just drop in/edit an event file or something) play a turn, event fires, upgrade.  I'm also planning on playing the Rebs, and perhaps the AI has a direct way to creating corps that circumvents the issue (if it is only for the Union). 

http://www.ageod-forum.com/showthread.php?39468-Public-Beta-Patch-1-06-RC2-(upd-May-1st)

mikeck

I'm playing ACW 2 (1.05) right now. I've never had any stability issues.
AI is making more intelligent moves than before but it's too early to tell if that's just perception. Ai is why ide stopped playing before. Problem was the deep strikes by AI confederates

Anyway, it's a fantastic game and IN MY OPINION (so as to avoid the inevitable ACW c FoF argument) the far superior civil war game. ACW 1 was good but 2 is far better once you learn the system
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Greybriar

Regardless of how good a PC game may be it will always have its detractors and no matter how bad a PC game may be it will always have its fans.