Angry Joe Witcher III Review

Started by JudgeDredd, June 19, 2015, 01:17:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JudgeDredd

As the title

Apologies if this has been posted before, but I actually like Angry Joe and I like his reviews...and this is another enjoyable one (I especially loved the bugs part - though I haven't seen ANY of them - so perhaps they have been patched out) so I thought I would share the love  :smitten:

It's Angry Joe so usual warnings of language come with the link below



Does he like it?
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

MikeGER

#1
....go figure "angry"MikeGER ;-)  with  actual 27h of playtime (and i just arrived in the 2nd area) got himself -after a decade of stubburn refusing to use a stinky console controller on a PC ever -a gamepad (that xbox one thingy) just to better playout the fights! ...and while on a long weekend getaway (without PC access) bought the first Witcher short story collection for his kindle-app to read on the phone while away to learn more about that universe  O0
now i am even thinking to antedate a new graphic card purchase (GTX 970) to place into my stone age old PC (which will be the first part of a newone that is overdue to maybe build up sheduled end of the year)    ;)

mirth

Angry Joe cracks me up and his reviews are usually spot on.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Nefaro


JudgeDredd

I can't seem to beat Jenny 'o the Woods! It's doing ma heed in which is why I haven't touched the game for a couple or three weeks.  ???

I HATE when games get like this. I really don't care if they're too easy - at the end of the day, I play to play and enjoy - not get frustrated. What's even more annoying is I'm playing it on an easy level from what I recall...maybe one up from the easiest...not sure.

I do know I could do with extra food and probably some buffs - but where to get them??

I was thoroughly enjoying the game up to this point too. I'm just not one for frustration. I could side step it and go and do other shit and come back when I'm beefed up a bit I suppose  ^-^
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Pete Dero

#5
Quote from: JudgeDredd on June 19, 2015, 03:38:04 PM
I can't seem to beat Jenny 'o the Woods! It's doing ma heed in which is why I haven't touched the game for a couple or three weeks.  ???

I HATE when games get like this. I really don't care if they're too easy - at the end of the day, I play to play and enjoy - not get frustrated. What's even more annoying is I'm playing it on an easy level from what I recall...maybe one up from the easiest...not sure.

I do know I could do with extra food and probably some buffs - but where to get them??

I was thoroughly enjoying the game up to this point too. I'm just not one for frustration. I could side step it and go and do other shit and come back when I'm beefed up a bit I suppose  ^-^

SPOILER :

Jenny is a type of wraith (Specter)   In your Bestiary you can look up their vulnerabilities.  I think this one can only be beaten using Yrden and then fighting it within the created circle.   Spectre oil on your blade will also help


I don't know how to hide text so i used white color.  Highlight it to see it.

JudgeDredd

Thanks Pete. I knew that (Google is ma wee pal) - but I still can't beat the bitch!

I'm probably rushing. A lot of people have said take your time, get 2 or 3 shots in and then dive out the way before she hits.

I've tried probably 2 dozen times now.
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

JudgeDredd

lol

Just noticed the Jenny o' the Woods quest is level 10 and I'm 6!

Answer to why I can't do it? I AM DUMB!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

Con

Conan has a good review of Witcher 3 as well


Rayfer

Good one Con.....lots of good laughs.  Thanks for posting.

W8taminute

I've got to get this game.   O0
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Con on June 28, 2015, 03:07:51 PM
Conan has a good review of Witcher 3 as well


It was ok - but that canned laughter was really, really annoying!
Alba gu' brath
Jarhead - I hate people

airboy

Lots of twitch game elements.  If you don't like twitch games - you won't like the Witcher series.  If you like shooters & RPGs you will probably love it.