President for a Day: Corruption

Started by Jarhead0331, August 05, 2015, 10:13:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Jarhead0331

http://store.steampowered.com/app/368780/?snr=1_4_4__106

This could be a really intriguing turn-based spin on the whole "Tropico" type experience, taking on some really controversial topics. Sadly, it looks like a very sloppy game that has been executed pretty poorly.

I find it surprising that the target audience for this kind of material is "13+"

Quote
President for a Day - Corruption gives you the opportunity to assume the role of an African president. As such, you must make controversial decisions revolving around topics such as: democratic evolution, corruption, development aid- and cooperation. The game provides a solid foundation for discussions regarding e.g., human rights, cultural differences and governance. There are four diverse scenarios with a set difficulty for the player to engage – scenarios ranging from famine to effloresce of democracy.

In PFAD - Corruption you will be faced with a wide array of dilemmas that stem from recent events in African history. You will also witness the local and national effects of modern bilateral cooperation. What kind of leader will you be? Will you strive for democracy, or rule the country with an iron fist?

The subjects regard:

    Famine, caused by draught and climate change
    Foreign intervention from neighbouring, as well as, western countries.
    Ethnic conflicts spun by the numerous African tribes, as well as the borders established, in the past, by the colonial forces.
    The political culture of the country, in regards to upholding (or failing thereof) human rights.


Target audience: 13+ years old.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Nefaro

Attractive concept but, as you mentioned, the execution looks wanting.   :-\

I'd really like to have more turn-based tyrannic regime sims.    ^-^

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Nefaro on August 05, 2015, 11:05:39 AM

I'd really like to have more turn-based tyrannic regime sims.    ^-^

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


LongBlade

Just give me another Tropico and I'll be happy.
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

son_of_montfort

Quote from: LongBlade on August 05, 2015, 12:49:34 PM
Just give me another Tropico and I'll be happy.

Er... you mean besides the four sequels?
"Now it is no accident all these conservatives are using time travel to teach our kids. It is the best way to fight back against the liberal version of history, or as it is sometimes known... history."

- Stephen Colbert

"The purpose of religion is to answer the ultimate question, are we in control or is there some greater force pulling the strings? And if the courts rule that corporations have the same religious rights that we humans do, I think we'll have our answer."

- Stephen Colbert

agrippamaxentius

 I did a first look on my channel, I think the price is right and the idea is phenomenal but unfortunately the mere 15 turns it takes to complete a game leave me with not much of a challenge. At the end you receive a "Rating" depending on how you ran your country. That being said I need something to fullfill my tropico itch since ive played them all so much my fingers are practically bleeding. Also I can't stand Calypsos insistence on releasing completely useless DLC every couple months.


PS: I want that Eric avatar! I just want to take a flashlight and show you about the universe.
https://www.youtube.com/user/AgrippaMaxentius For Scourge of War, Combat Mission, Ultimate General Gettysburg and countless others.

Nefaro

Quote from: agrippamaxentius on August 07, 2015, 04:38:57 AM
I did a first look on my channel, I think the price is right and the idea is phenomenal but unfortunately the mere 15 turns it takes to complete a game leave me with not much of a challenge. At the end you receive a "Rating" depending on how you ran your country. That being said I need something to fullfill my tropico itch since ive played them all so much my fingers are practically bleeding. Also I can't stand Calypsos insistence on releasing completely useless DLC every couple months.


PS: I want that Eric avatar! I just want to take a flashlight and show you about the universe.


Ack!  15 turns to finish?

How the hell are we going to be Idi Amin in only fifteen turns?  Shamefur Dispray!   :))