Main Menu

Morrowind

Started by Bison, August 19, 2015, 09:30:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bison

I'm considering getting morrowind, but how compatible is the steam version with mods.  Which mods are recommended?  I'd like something that changes the way skills determine leveling.

magnus

I know the big ones are Morroblivion and Skywind.

If I remember correctly Morroblivion is pretty close to being finished.

As far as other mods, the sky is the limit.

I thought they all pretty much worked with the Syteam version, but I could be wrong.

Gusington

Bison just check out the Steam Workshop pages for Morrowind and see what's available.
✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Bison

Morrowind doesn't have a workshop page unfortunately.  I've become totally spoiled with how the workshop has made modding and unmodding games so damned easy.

Gusington

✡

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Toonces

Bison,
I ran Morrowind Complete Overhaul on my Steam version and it worked fine.  Google will turn it up easily.

I didn't run any other mods so I can't speak from experience.  I think, though, that it should be pretty easy to mod the Steam version because all the files are consolidated in a mod folder and you can go into "Data Files" on the start screen of the game to pick and choose which are active, order of load, etc. 

I did not care for Morroblivion mod.  It does what it says it does and runs Morrowind in the Oblivion engine.  However, I felt like I was being cheated out of the authentic Morrowind experience by using it (eg. map markers, fast travel, etc. in Oblivion).  Just my opinion, but I think some of the charm of Morrowind is having to actually read the directions the NPC's give you and then follow them to find your destination vice chase the little marker, but that's purely an opinion. 

I lost my saved game when my HD crashed and I was fairly well along; I don't know if I can do all that work again so I'm not sure I will revisit the game.  However, I did think that the Overhaul mod really made the game enjoyable visually and gameplay-wise; it holds up well even today.  I highly recommend it.

You need to stick with it a while, though.  The first 2-3 levels are kind of the suxxor but once you get a few levels under your belt, and some cash, a good weapon, and armor, the game opens up a lot.
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs