Meaningful gaming...n an hour...without excessive brain burn...

Started by Toonces, September 28, 2015, 08:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

Crap, you're right.  I did say "meaningful."  See, I was pretty tired last night.  ::)
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

jamus34

Binding of Isaac
FTL
and Banished are my go to "quick run" games lately.
Insert witty comment here.

Steelgrave

7 Days to Die. Kill a few zombies. Kill a few more. Get eaten by a bear. Good times.

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

ArizonaTank

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

MikeGER

Quote from: Toonces on September 29, 2015, 04:08:36 PM
Some great suggestions here.

You know what I missing?  Good ole fashioned arcade games, like Defender, or Joust, or Vanguard.  Something you can play in a bite-sized chunk with no real deeper meaning to it than to beat your high score.

if you have a tablet or a larger phone with Android, i would even consider "Candy Crush" and "Angry Birds"
i sometimes play this in the situation you describe when i cant arse myself to fire up a real game 

and then there this is something completely different  but also relaxing and 'close to the hobby':
watch a Review or Let's Play YT video of a boardgame!
(PC games are less effective in relaxing, they might leave some feeling of unrest to either immideatly  buying/downlaod  the game or firing it up if you have it installed play it for a few minutes and then find out you are to tired or its take to much time to enjoy it the way the guy in the vid did)
choose a video of boardgame you either have and seldom play, or a boardgame you thought you might buy on day or are genrally interested in.
(let me add i watch those vids on the tablet lying in a comfy chair, not infront the PC sitting at a desk)

speaking about a board game
how about a quick round of Warfighter (DVG) card game?
but maybe the planing of the soldiers loadout is already to much strategic thinking and so you don't get the relaxation effect     

gameleaper

I jst found the Ultimate Meaningful game without brain drain 'Ultimate General' be quick its on offer at gog