Combat Mission - confusion....

Started by JudgeDredd, October 17, 2015, 01:34:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nefaro

JD.. sounds like you need a drink or three after all this.

What a mess.  Why haven't new unified installers been offered for previous owners?

Zulu1966

Quote from: Elvis on October 17, 2015, 12:01:20 PM
I finally had a few minutes to read the whole thread.....

Quote from: Zulu1966 on October 17, 2015, 03:54:24 AM
I think they now have one installer for the whole thing but thats only for new purchases - it would be useful if they made that available to those who already bought it.

Just to re-iterate. If you purchased the download version of CMBN 3.0 at any time, if you download it now, it will be the full installer. So to answer your request.....it is available to people who had already purchased it. Hope that's helpful.

OK thanks.

Have this reinstall thing down to a fine art now so don't have any issues. But will look at getting the unified installer as may make it easier I guess. Though generally takes me about ten minutes now I know what needs to be done.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

RyanE

Do all the CM2s have the universal installer now?  Is CMSF a part of that?  Does having the universal installer mean you have to reload the huge files each time a module comes out?  I know it was a serious pain to download the last one I did, CMBS.

Elvis

Quote from: RyanE on October 17, 2015, 03:18:42 PM
Do all the CM2s have the universal installer now?  Is CMSF a part of that?  Does having the universal installer mean you have to reload the huge files each time a module comes out?  I know it was a serious pain to download the last one I did, CMBS.

That is the only one. I suppose you could consider CMRT to be one because, in think....don't sue if I'm wrong, all downloads of that game will already be patched to 1.03. My understanding is that when the next patch for CMFI is released, it will bring make the 3.0 Upgrade an all in one installer. I would love to see it but I don't expect CMSF to get an all in one installer.....and CMSF is the most convoluted of the bunch.

RyanE

I would hope, if CMSF was still for sale out of the store, it would get the all in one install.  I suspect that would mean changing DRM though.