James Doohan Bio Details

Started by LongBlade, October 28, 2015, 03:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

bbmike

There was and the 5 minutes I watched were horrible. Star Trek Continues is the fan Trek you want to watch.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

SirAndrewD

Quote from: LongBlade on October 28, 2015, 08:08:09 PM
Awesome you met him.

It was awesome. 

He showed up at a really small convention in Orlando.  I think he'd had a bit to drink and he was very friendly and personable with everyone there.  He spent a lot of time just standing about and mingling with those of us that were there to see him, and it was awesome. 

I don't think it's typically like that, so I feel I got lucky. 

He wasn't being controlled or diplomatic at all, which is what was great.  I think at the time a bit of his vitriol on Shatner came from having just filmed Final Frontier, which he was very vocal about not liking. 

He also had very little time at that point for TNG.  It had gone to season 2 at that point, and he was pretty vocal that he'd hardly watched, felt the scripts on the episodes he did watch were dreadful, and he was ticked that a blind man was running HIS engineering department. 

Of course he must've mellowed his opinions later since he appeared in a great TNG episode.

"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback