SSI Warhammer 40K Games On GOG

Started by tgb, July 16, 2015, 08:49:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Rayfer

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 16, 2015, 12:56:44 PM
Quote from: Rayfer on July 16, 2015, 12:12:36 PM
Two thumbs up for Chaos Gate and Final Liberation....but for me, Shadow of the Horned Rat was disappointing...way too much of a rts click-fest.

I think I remember being able to give at least one level of command while paused, but it's been a while and I could be mis-remembering.

What I do remember is that I never got close to finishing the game because it's hellishly difficult. Which is admittedly nice in a way: a merc captain being barely able to keep his companies together in the face of ever-increasing odds, would be trounced by those ever-increasing odds pretty quickly!  :-[ :P

I can't remember the pause thing either but I do remember the 'hellishly difficult' part. I know many gamers on these forums thrive on games that are extremely difficult....I'm not one of them!

PAK

First GOG forum inquiries are not hopeful n case of Final Liberation and Horned Rat - looks like both game are prone to crash.

Cyrano

Final Lib had MP capability.

The notion that they could get the game running and maybe, juuuust maybe, restore the MP...dear Lord in his High Heaven...

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Jarhead0331

Both games load and run fine on my system, but I did have a CTD toward the end of the first campaign mission. That's a real bitch because I don't think there is an autosave feature.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


Nefaro

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 16, 2015, 12:34:52 PM
Quote from: Nefaro on July 16, 2015, 11:02:32 AM

I just hope GOG got it running compatibly well with an emulator or some such.  I've not been able to play it reliably since the Win98 OS.

It better...otherwise, what the hell is the point?

Well.. I've ran some old GOG titles which hadn't worked well with modern OSes before being sold there, that still had some crash or display issues at times.  So they don't always work perfectly.


Jarhead0331

Thankfully, there is an autosave feature. It auto saves at the beginning and end of each turn. Yeah!!!
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


JasonPratt

Maybe more importantly, I haven't heard anything bad about the Chaos Gate port yet... {insert finger-crossed smiley here}
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

TacticalWargames


Nefaro

Got through the first mission in GOG's version of WH40K: Chaos Gate without any crashes or freezes.   O0

I noticed someone recommended turning off the Nvidia "GeForce Experience" program, from your system tray.  I guess it had been the cause of some people's crashing so I nuked it before starting. 

My Heavy Bolter Marine was a damn murder machine in the first one.  Four Chaos Space Marines and Eight Cultists killed by his hand alone.  I think the others were just there to open doors and spot for him.  ;D   This game is still enjoyable after all these years.

Jarhead0331

Rites of War was released today.

I remember being pretty disappointed with this one and turned off by the visual scale. Still, for $5.99, I couldn't resist.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18


mirth

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on October 26, 2015, 07:12:15 PM
Rites of War was released today.

I remember being pretty disappointed with this one and turned off by the visual scale. Still, for $5.99, I couldn't resist.

I'm not sure you would have resisted at $59.99 :P
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Labbug

#26
GOG has bundled the 4 Warhammer games together for $13.96 for the next 5 days starting today.  I think you can buy them separately for 50% each as well.

Checked, and it is 50% only if you buy the bundle; 33% off separately.