Empire Of The Sun (GMT) Daily Sale!

Started by Nefaro, December 05, 2015, 01:29:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nefaro

Making sure some of you didn't miss this @ CSI... for $37.99.

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/135328

Reminder:  This new edition has Solitaire rules for either side (automated bot).

Also... the Caverns Of Cinder expansion for you Shadows Of Brimstone owners, and an X-Wing Starviper pack.

ArizonaTank

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Rekim

Wish they had a store in Canada. I'd be all over this sale. Not sure how I'd explain it to the boss though...being the start of the holiday season.

Toonces

Thanks for the heads up on this!  I've been eyeballing this game for a few years now and at this price it's a no-brainer.

A cool $7.50 to ship to Rhode Island?  Sold!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

bbmike

Thanks for the heads up! More early Christmas presents for me.  ^-^
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bbmike

And it's here! The box is heavy - over 2lbs!

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Nefaro

Quote from: bbmike on December 18, 2015, 12:11:57 PM

Big mapboard.   O0

Make sure it's not torn at the folds.  IIRC, they had an issue with the paper separating/tearing from the board in some cases.  Think they mentioned going through and manually checking all their stock & replacing ones that needed it but best to be on top of it, right?

The look great but some of the fancy GMT mapboards I've handled required a little extra care.  Especially the way they fold out length-wise.

bbmike

Thanks for the heads up, Nefaro, I'll check it out. Sadly I can't play it yet because I have nowhere to set it up.  :(
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

Nefaro

Quote from: bbmike on December 18, 2015, 02:31:07 PM
Thanks for the heads up, Nefaro, I'll check it out. Sadly I can't play it yet because I have nowhere to set it up.  :(

Don't worry, the rules will probably take a bit of time anyway, if you plan on playing solo using the automated opponent rules on top.

It has a Vassal module if you don't have the space but are desperate to play.  Would be a shame not playing on the pretty mapboard (and cards - why do I love cards so much?!  :D  ) ..  but a boy's gotta do...

Toonces

Quote from: bbmike on December 18, 2015, 12:11:57 PM

So I got this quite a while ago, but just opened it out of its shrink this afternoon.

I didn't realize just how heavy it was!  I was wondering why in the hell it was so heavy for a standard sized box.  Then I opened it...

Man alive, but GMT did an exceptional job on this one!  First the components seem great.  Beautiful counters, thick rulebook with an insert for the solo rules!  Pawing through the counters and get to the map...a mounted map!  Are you shitting me?!

Thick, heavy box.

Yeah, this game looks like a real keeper.  Thick, meaty, solid components, solo play (with rules included!)...hell yeah!   O0   :buck2:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

mirth

That's a beautiful game. One on my list to play at some point.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bbmike

I'm going crazy not having a game table. I've promised myself that this spring construction begins.  8)
-Sherlock Holmes

-The Doctor

-Clifford D. Simak

mirth

Once upon a time, I had a gaming table...
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus