Main Menu

Z.Year One

Started by tgb, August 27, 2016, 06:17:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

tgb

I keep promising myself no more Early Access and I keep being sucked back in again.  Any way:

Pretty cool assymetrical CCG that pits Survivors (Us) against the Fallen (Zombies).

Both sides play very differently, with completely different decks and abilities.  I've only played a couple of games as the Survivors (a real misnomer) and gotten my ass kicked every time.  In fairness, it's supposed to be harder than playing the Fallen.

Aside from that I really like that it's not just another re-skinned Hearthstone or MtG.There are cards representing various classes, equippable inventory, random encounters, weapons, etc.  In many ways it reminds me of Armageddon Empires, especially since the focus (according to the developers) is on single-player. The campaign isn't in yet, but skirmish is pretty much feature-complete.

EA with an anticipated release of 1.0 in about a month. It's $20 now, but that includes the 20 booster packs that will be available at launch.  When the release is official, it will be FTP with the booster packs being sold (I assume for more than $1/each).  I've been following this for a while now and wanted to show my support.

Plus I really like the artwork.





If anyone is interested, at 10AM Sat PST the developer will be streaming live here: https://www.twitch.tv/downwardviral

-budd-

Tried a few but could never get into card games. I am a sucker for everything zombie and the production values look high. I read that you have to open another account, other than steam to play, that correct. If so that's a bummer.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Steelgrave

I loved Armageddon Empires and I especially love anything Zombie and/or Dystopian. This game looks awesome  :smitten:  My self-control lasted almost five minutes (nearly a record) before it made the trip into my Steam cart. Thanks for the heads-up, tgb.

tgb

Quote from: -budd- on August 27, 2016, 09:49:47 AM
Tried a few but could never get into card games. I am a sucker for everything zombie and the production values look high. I read that you have to open another account, other than steam to play, that correct. If so that's a bummer.

The developer has said that people buying into early access will be getting their free booster packs via the account.  I don't know if it will be required once the game is officially released.  I'll ask during the live stream this morning.

I don't even know how to open the account yet.

spelk

Yeah thanks for pointing this one out TGB, I too had to partake in it.

Like the interactions and the classes, not to mention the animated playspaces and cool realistic gritty artwork.

Will see how it pans out.

Another card game to keep an eye on is System Crash, a cyberpunk CCG that has an approachable dynamic, with a cool 1980's cyberpunk aesthetic.

http://www.systemcrashgame.com/


tgb

Quote from: spelk on August 27, 2016, 04:31:46 PM
Yeah thanks for pointing this one out TGB, I too had to partake in it.

Like the interactions and the classes, not to mention the animated playspaces and cool realistic gritty artwork.

Will see how it pans out.

Another card game to keep an eye on is System Crash, a cyberpunk CCG that has an approachable dynamic, with a cool 1980's cyberpunk aesthetic.

http://www.systemcrashgame.com/

I played the demo for System Crash and it just didn't grab me.  I thought in the end it was just MtG reskinned.

Nefaro

Quote from: tgb on August 27, 2016, 05:10:09 PM


I played the demo for System Crash and it just didn't grab me.  I thought in the end it was just MtG reskinned.

I like digitized card games, if they feel unusual in some mechanical way.  Unfortunately, many are MtG clones as you mention.


Thought someone was supposed to be making a digital version of Android: Netrunner.  Or some other similarly popular tabletop one.