Warlock of Firetop Mountain

Started by Cyrano, September 05, 2016, 12:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Cyrano

http://fightingfantasyapps.com/

Oh, my goodness.

I'm nine again.

I have no earthly idea what the longevity will be -- it's roots as a "Choose Your Own Adventure" are vaunted not concealed -- but this is how I played RPGs a long time ago.

Delightful so far:

1.  The writing (not a surprise, I suppose).

2.  The art.  I was surprised at how much my mental image of places like the Caves of Chaos was shaped by old school drawing like this.

3.  The combat system.  Closest parallel to me is the way Melee/Wizard/TFT turned a single 20-hex map into so many different rooms.  The pre-plot, simultaneous system will either be special or maddening over time.  Right now it's a bit of both.

Who wants to go back to the Keep on the Borderlands?  I hear there are kobolds there.

Sergeant at Arms of La Fraternite des Boutons Carres

One mustachioed, cigar-chomping, bespectacled deity, entirely at your service.

You didn't know? My Corps has already sailed to Berlin. We got there 3 days ago and we've been in the Tiergarten on the piss ever since. -- Marshal Soult, October 1806

Pinetree

If they do City of Thieves, I'll have a nerdgasm..
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

bob48

I quite liked the look of that game, but as with most of their stuff, its bloody expensive. I think there was an expansion or two as well?
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!